team proudly announces the availability
of the final release of Lift version 2.4.
Lift is a powerful, secure and most matured web framework available today. There are Seven Things
that distinguish Lift from other web frameworks.
Lift applications are:
- Secure – Lift apps are resistant to common vulnerabilities including many of the OWASP Top 10
- Developer centric – Lift apps are fast to build, concise and easy to maintain
- Scalable – Lift apps are high performance and scale in the real world to handle insane traffic levels
- Interactive like a desktop app – Lift's Comet and Ajax support are super-easy and very secure
Read an overview
of how Lift achieves these important goals.
Lift open source software licensed under an Apache 2.0 license.
Lift 2.4 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Lots of enhancements to JSON support
- Record improvments
- Squeryl/Record support for Crudify
- Singificant enhancement to MongoDB support (including better support for reference records and binary fields)
- Support for BsonDSL (BSON types to JsonDSL)
- Significant enhancements to Mailer functionality
- Significant enhancements to the CSS Selector transformers
- Enhancements to Snippet resolution like sub-packages based resolution, Loc-based snippet resolution of Screen and Wizard, etc.
- Significant improvement to REST support including stateless Async/Continuations on Jetty 7, Jetty 8 and Tomcat/Glassfish
- Ability to get html5 compliant templates using data-lift attribute
- Numerous localization modules
A complete list of changes are available for all the preceding milestones here:
Please join the Lift Community
and enjoy building awesome apps with Lift.
Thank you, enjoy Lift!
- The Lift Team