PhotoCatalog for Android 0.3 ALPHA released

penguin359

Aug 14, 2011, 2:11:58 AM8/14/11
to LifeLogger
New release of PhotoCatalog for Android now out. This is a
significant release with a lot of new features and important bug
fixes. You can get the latest version from:

http://code.google.com/p/photocatalog/downloads/list

Here's a quick summary of the changelog:
* Logging service now runs in foreground.
Improves reliability under low-memory conditions.
* All preferences take effect immediately
* Support for organizing GPS logs into multiple tracks
* Each track can contain name, description, comment, and type
* GPS Tracks can now be exported as GPX files.
This make the app useful even without a server-side PhotoCatalog
set-up.
* Strings are no longer hard-coded allowing for easy
Internationalization
* SMS Activation for logger service
* Can send SMS response with current coordinates
* Improved filtering on logged GPS data
* GPS time now reported correctly as seconds instead of milliseconds.
This bug made the data useless for server-side filtering or as geo-
tagging source.
* Launcher shortcuts for easily starting/stopping logging service
* Landscape orientation now properly supported
* Google Map View for viewing recorded GPS data
* Auto start no longer starts logger because of orientation change

Check it out and let me know how it goes!

Ronald Bynoe

Aug 15, 2011, 2:12:31 AM8/15/11
to lifel...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I can't seem to get this copy to get a GPS fix even when GPS Status does, unless it's just the feedback isn't indicating it.

Loren M. Lang

Aug 15, 2011, 9:36:00 PM8/15/11
to lifel...@googlegroups.com
On 8/14/2011 11:12 PM, Ronald Bynoe wrote:
> FYI, I can't seem to get this copy to get a GPS fix even when GPS Status
> does, unless it's just the feedback isn't indicating it.

Try setting Skip Samples to 0 under GPS Parameters.

--
Loren M. Lang
lor...@north-winds.org

Public Key: ftp://ftp.north-winds.org/pub/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 10A0 7AE2 DAF5 4780 888A 3FA4 DCEE BB39 7654 DE5B

signature.asc