Suggestions for questionnaire

samhealer

Sep 10, 2007, 4:12:40 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
The idea has been put forward for having a questionnaire, but it will
need questions.

I'm looking for any questions that would help the development of the
book.

So far:

1. What productivity issue do you find most annoying?
2. Are there any sections you feel were missed out in the first book
that should be in the second?

Reply with any questions you feel should be added.

Sam
(Note: this is not official, but if a questionnaire is used, it's
easier to have questions ready there.)

Edythemighty

Sep 10, 2007, 4:38:18 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I think an important question would be:
What advantages or disadvantages do you see in online applications,
and what prevents you from adopting one?

Something like that, that can perhaps tie into the usefulness of
online services as applications that can be accessed anywhere. That's
all I got at the moment.

Nicholas M.

Sep 10, 2007, 4:41:48 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
What hacks would be on your top 5 best hacks? All I got...

Wilf

Sep 10, 2007, 7:10:46 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Perhaps,

* What tools do you use to organise your life/work?
* How do you achieve work/life balance?
* What wasted your time today/this week?

Maybe these are a little generic, but they may yield some common tools/
approaches/annoyances which could be concentrated on?

Wilf

> > > easier to have questions ready there.)- Hide quoted text -

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2007, 12:02:24 PM9/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
- What productivity hacks do you actually use?
- What productivity hacks have you not been able to use?
- What areas have you been successful in using productivity hacks
regularly?
- What productivity tool/hack did you use today? Yesterday? This week?

May have more later.

Smokey B

Sep 13, 2007, 10:01:20 AM9/13/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Peter's suggestions are top shelf. It would be useful to know which
Lifehacks people have successfully used and ones that yielded the best
results.

On Sep 11, 12:02 pm, "peter.fitzger...@gmail.com"

samhealer

Sep 14, 2007, 5:34:08 AM9/14/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Guys, these are great. I'll add them to the prospective T.O.C soon.

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2007, 2:01:43 PM9/14/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Thanks for the props Smokey...

So I had a few more thoughts for the questionnaire... mostly around
looking at the demographic questions that come up when one examines
something like this...

Have you tracked time saved by your new tools and habits? If so, how
much time have you saved on the tasks involved?
What is the top accomplishment/improvement that you have made?
How often do you try a new tools, trick or technique?
Do you read self-help books?
How many blogs/RSS feeds do you read? How many do you read each day?

On a scale of 1-5, where 1 is doesn't fit at all and 5 is describes me
completely, rate the following:
I have a sense of accomplishment in completing tasks
Mundane tasks should be automated
I work on a computer regularly
I keep track of my daily tasks
I feel successful in the number of tasks I accomplish each day
I feel successful in the value provided by tasks I accomplish each day
I follow the GTD methods
I believe that I can be more productive
I procrastinate

samhealer

Sep 15, 2007, 11:22:28 AM9/15/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Peter, great ideas! I especially like the idea of the 1-5 ratings.
Added to the prospective T.O.C

Sam

On Sep 14, 7:01 pm, "peter.fitzger...@gmail.com"