Lifehacker book cover design finalized

Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author

Feb 5, 2008, 4:47:40 PM2/5/08
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Hi all,

It's been forever since I've posted here because I've been busy
finishing off the book manuscript and hammering out the cover design.
Check out the final cover, which is now up on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0470238364/ref=nosim/lifehackerboo-20

Designing a book cover is a delicate dance between marketer, author,
and designer, and while there was definitely lots of back and forth
over it, I'm happy with the result. What do you all think?

As for the manuscript, the final page count turned out to be 480.
Phew! It'll be a thick one!

Thanks again for participating on the list,
Gina

Smokey B

Feb 5, 2008, 8:12:01 PM2/5/08
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Woohoo! Lookin' hot!

If I was a book, I would buy that book a drink!

On Feb 5, 4:47 pm, "Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author"
<lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been forever since I've posted here because I've been busy
> finishing off the book manuscript and hammering out the cover design.
> Check out the final cover, which is now up on Amazon:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0470238364/ref=nosim/lifehacke...

labo...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2008, 8:18:09 PM2/5/08
to lifehac...@googlegroups.com
Will the be a searchable cd rom set cretaed for this book. The Journal of Light Construction does this and it is an awesome tool.

Feb 6, 2008, 8:59:44 AM2/6/08
to Lifehacker book 2.0
It looks great! I can't wait to get my copy!

Gina Trapani @ Lifehacker

Feb 8, 2008, 7:54:27 PM2/8/08
to lifehac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone!

On Feb 5, 2008 5:18 PM, <labo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will the be a searchable cd rom set cretaed for this book. The Journal of Light Construction does this and it is an awesome tool.

No CD ROM, sadly. But the book has a companion web site
(lifehackerbook.com) with hyperlinks there. :)

--
Gina Trapani
Editor, http://lifehacker.com

Pre-order my new book: