2.0 Suggestions

mjmurphy23

Sep 10, 2007, 11:06:17 AM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I agree that the sections should be more defined by categories such as
Business, Finances, Project Management, Personal, School (college),
Mac, Windows... Gmail and Firefox should have their own sections as
Lifehacker has offered so many great tips devoted to them, and they
are so popular among LH readers. I think the current 88 hacks will
need to be expanded and Lifehacker 2.0 should serve as the 'Bible' of
productivity and act as an all-purpose reference for ways to improve
life, finances, business...The problem could be size and expense. I
am thinking Lifehacker 2.0 could be one big Cheat Sheet divided into
definable categories and possibly list useful websites and blogs in
the appendix for quick reference to additional tips and tricks. They
say I'm a dreamer...

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Sep 10, 2007, 11:58:40 AM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Perhaps an alternative to having useful websites and blogs in an
appendix might be to point people to lifehacker.com or some
alternative online list. Offline lists tend not to age gracefully
which might limit the long-term usefulness of such an appendix.

mjmurphy23

Sep 10, 2007, 12:44:49 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Very good point on the appendix and would love a Master List of sites
on the LH site for quick lookups relating to categories.

On Sep 10, 9:58 am, "peter.fitzger...@gmail.com"

samhealer

Sep 10, 2007, 2:21:11 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I think that mj has had a brilliant idea. A tear-out cheetsheet (at
the front or back) that has useful keyboard shortcuts, websites,
anything thats useful but you don't want to have to trawl through the
book to find them. With, of course, space to add ones personal to you,
new ones, etc.

Sam

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2007, 11:57:56 AM9/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I just pictured being able to rip off the back cover and have a note
card that could be put up... maybe a mini poster?

Not sure how practical that winds up being, but it's a fun idea.