Chapter 8 in the can, book in warehouses March 17th

Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author

Nov 9, 2007, 3:00:27 PM11/9/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Hi all,

Well, it'll be a happy St. Patty's day: my publisher tells me the
book will be shipping from their warehouse on March 17th, barring any
catastrophes. They're cracking the whip on me pretty good so that
date should stick. In the meantime, I just submitted chapter 8 to my
editor, which means I've got 3 more to go.

My final manuscript deadline is December 1st, so it'll be a busy
Thanksgiving for me (hopefully the turkey won't put me to sleep!) If
you're interested to see what I've done so far, I updated the file
here:

http://groups.google.com/group/lifehackerbook2/web/chapters-in-full-draft-so-far

Thanks again for your interest and for being part of the group.

Now off to start chapter 9, "Master the Web." Send on anything you'd
like to see me include there!

Best,
Gina

samhealer

Nov 10, 2007, 2:07:20 PM11/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Excellent news, Gina! Thanks for telling us. From the page of chapters
complete, it looks like you've been extremely busy, so well done for
getting so much done so far. Hopefully our suggestions have been
useful to you.
Best of luck working over Thanksgiving.

Sam
On Nov 9, 8:00 pm, "Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author"

<lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, it'll be a happy St. Patty's day: my publisher tells me the
> book will be shipping from their warehouse on March 17th, barring any
> catastrophes. They're cracking the whip on me pretty good so that
> date should stick. In the meantime, I just submitted chapter 8 to my
> editor, which means I've got 3 more to go.
>
> My final manuscript deadline is December 1st, so it'll be a busy
> Thanksgiving for me (hopefully the turkey won't put me to sleep!) If
> you're interested to see what I've done so far, I updated the file
> here:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/lifehackerbook2/web/chapters-in-full-d...

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2007, 1:01:49 AM11/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Congratulations Gina!

On Nov 9, 2:00 pm, "Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author"

<lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, it'll be a happy St. Patty's day: my publisher tells me the
> book will be shipping from their warehouse on March 17th, barring any
> catastrophes. They're cracking the whip on me pretty good so that
> date should stick. In the meantime, I just submitted chapter 8 to my
> editor, which means I've got 3 more to go.
>
> My final manuscript deadline is December 1st, so it'll be a busy
> Thanksgiving for me (hopefully the turkey won't put me to sleep!) If
> you're interested to see what I've done so far, I updated the file
> here:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/lifehackerbook2/web/chapters-in-full-d...

Nicholas M.

Nov 11, 2007, 1:52:52 AM11/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I shall start saving my cash! Thanks for the update Gina!

On Nov 11, 1:01 am, "peter.fitzger...@gmail.com"

leif....@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2007, 5:29:39 PM11/12/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Hi, I realize i'm probably too late for chapter 8, but i'll take my
chances anyway. I see that you have a part that mention hamachi. I've
been using this excellent program for awhile and i stumbled onto some
problems during the use of hamachi with machines that did not offer
admin rights (which basically prevented me from installing hamachi).

I managed to get around this problem, though, by makin a portable
version of hamachi which i can bring with me and start from my usb
disk. The guide to making your own portable Hamachi came from the
excellent people behind <a href="http://
logmeinwiki.com">LogMeInWiki.com</a>, and can be found <a href="http://
logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Buri">here</a>.

A portable version of Hamachi makes the program ó so much more
flexible for uses with most types of machines without the need of
installing it. The first time you use it you can set it up the way you
like it to be, and you will never have to do it again. If you are
carrying it with you on a usb disk, just plug the disk in a computer
with internet access, start it and your set to go.

Hope this was usefull in some way :)

On Nov 9, 9:00 pm, "Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author"

<lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, it'll be a happy St. Patty's day: my publisher tells me the
> book will be shipping from their warehouse on March 17th, barring any
> catastrophes. They're cracking the whip on me pretty good so that
> date should stick. In the meantime, I just submitted chapter 8 to my
> editor, which means I've got 3 more to go.
>
> My final manuscript deadline is December 1st, so it'll be a busy
> Thanksgiving for me (hopefully the turkey won't put me to sleep!) If
> you're interested to see what I've done so far, I updated the file
> here:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/lifehackerbook2/web/chapters-in-full-d...

Gina Trapani @ Lifehacker

Nov 16, 2007, 7:56:06 PM11/16/07
to lifehac...@googlegroups.com
Hey thanks a lot Leif, will definitely check out portable Hamachi. :)

--
Gina Trapani
Editor

Order Lifehacker the book: