Rearranging the table of contents

lifehack...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2007, 11:42:36 PM9/9/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
One of the larger structural changes I'll make to the second edition
is reordering the chapter list to an order that makes most sense. I'd
like to start with the biggest productivity issues users face and work
down the list.

What do you think is the best/most useful chapter of the book? In the
spirit of leading with the best foot forward, I'll make that the first
chapter.

Right now the "Control Your Email" chapter is my choice, since email
seems to be the biggest productivity drain out there.

Edythemighty

Sep 9, 2007, 11:48:22 PM9/9/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Is there going to be lots of rewriting? Or just expanding on the
previous book? I always enjoy tips that relate to time management!

On Sep 9, 10:42 pm, "lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com"

Sean Oliver

Sep 10, 2007, 2:03:39 AM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Email does make sense as a lead chapter. I do think that some
explanation of systems or frameworks that even allow these hacks to
happen is important too. Otherwise, it just seems like an
"effectiveness for dummies" collection.

On Sep 9, 8:42 pm, "lifehacker.edi...@gmail.com"

Message has been deleted

Nicholas M.

Sep 10, 2007, 3:06:50 AM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I'd have to agree with you guys on including e-mail as a first
chapter. I waste a great amount of time messing around with all my
mail files and one assume that a good amount lifehacker readers do as
well. My personal choice for a second chapter would be one similar to
"Streamline Common Tasks" because I find hacks like those the most
helpful out of all the hacks posted on lifehacker.com

samhealer

Sep 10, 2007, 2:30:17 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Email is a universal good idea. But people have different issues with
productivity, so what we should do is maybe have a poll on the LH
site. Put these productivity issues in order of stressfulness or
something. Then, we have an average of the consumer group, so we know
what would be a good order.

Sam

Nicholas M.

Sep 10, 2007, 3:26:13 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
I like that idea, similar to a focus group but in a broader
perspective. I think this should be executed very soon. It would help
us better in the long run if we had a good bit of statistics.

samhealer

Sep 10, 2007, 4:02:55 PM9/10/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Maybe just a questionnaire on the site, because, lets face it, thats
the target. I'll start a topic for suggestions for questions, unless
there are any objections?
Sam

Nicholas M.

Sep 10, 2007, 4:05:46 PM9/10/07