Updated the book's web site

Gina Trapani, Lifehacker editor/author

Mar 14, 2008, 1:26:13 AM3/14/08
to Upgrade Your Life, the Lifehacker book's 2nd edition
Hi all,

I just updated the book's official web site to reflect the new table
of contents, title, and cover design.

http://lifehackerbook.com/

I have a few ideas of ways I'd like to make the site more useful:
like adding the ability to sort hacks by operating system, user skill
level, and cost. What else? Let me know what you think.

Best,
Gina

PS I also just updated the name of this Google group, its icon, and
design as well to reflect the new book's information (instead of just
Lifehacker 2.0).

RZCashman

Mar 14, 2008, 12:20:00 PM3/14/08
to Upgrade Your Life, the Lifehacker book's 2nd edition
[1 QUESTION]
1) is the website updated with content from the new book?

[2 COMMENTS]
2) I think sorting by operating system is a good idea.

3) I think sorting by user skill level and/or cost is a bad idea and
would only complicate the web site.

Gina Trapani @ Lifehacker

Mar 14, 2008, 5:52:15 PM3/14/08
to lifehac...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:20 AM, RZCashman <RZCa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [1 QUESTION]
> 1) is the website updated with content from the new book?

Yes--well, mostly. I've got more links and notes to add, but the new
chapters are all there.

> [2 COMMENTS]
> 2) I think sorting by operating system is a good idea.

Excellent.

> 3) I think sorting by user skill level and/or cost is a bad idea and
> would only complicate the web site.

Fair point... I was thinking about ditching cost entirely, and just
going with skill level. But maybe just operating system... I don't
want to complicate things, but I do want to show that the book is
meant to have something for everyone.

Thanks. :)

--
Gina Trapani
Lead Editor, http://lifehacker.com

Sam Healer

Mar 14, 2008, 5:57:42 PM3/14/08
to lifehac...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. IMHO, skill level is as important as operating system. Could there be a way to do both? Perhaps, some kind of "Sort by..." function?