Low Tech Lifehacking

1 view

peter.fi...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2007, 11:54:10 AM9/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
While there's lots of good stuff on technology-based lifehacking, what
about low-tech stuff? I think back to articles on things like the
hipster PDA and wonder how many other people found the concept of low
tech productivity tools interesting and/or useful.

For myself, there are a number of low-tech options that I've seen or
been working with that have made life a lot easier... everything from
a little leather notecard pad with an accompanying desk notecard
display case to business cards used as note paper to little postcards
that I discovered I can send myself as reminders when I'm away on
vacation and have an idea I don't want to lose.

I'm guessing there are lots of these that are used regularly by people
which would make for interesting additions.

samhealer

Sep 11, 2007, 1:31:00 PM9/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Good idea. Let's face it, we can't all be around computers 24/7. Maybe
looking at printable things, printable alternatives, that kind of
stuff. And, like you say, simple solutions such as shorthand
notetaking methods in a small notebook.

On Sep 11, 4:54 pm, "peter.fitzger...@gmail.com"

Edythemighty

Sep 11, 2007, 2:56:00 PM9/11/07
to Lifehacker book 2.0
Yeah! Like the Cornell note taking method, those printable mini
calendars. I know for one thing, Scrybe lets you print out your
calendar along with a notes section to write down any important
details