World News, Health, Economics, and Love

Tamara Evans

Feb 9, 2011, 4:05:50 PM2/9/11
to Life Talk, Greg Arnum, Jen
Hello EVERYONE,

Is everything Irie?  We all have been very quite lately, are you all finally getting some work done on the job?  Hope all is well with all of you.  Lately I have had a few things to discuss.  I am going to mention them below and please feel free to comment on 1 or all of the topics.

1. The political woes in Egypt.  President Mubarak has been in office for 30years.  The Egyptian people are fed up and have demanded for him to leave office.  He is said to be a major crook.  Do any of you have any views on the current situation over in Egypt?  Do you feel like the US needs to intervene?  Is the US the worlds mediator?  Or should we just mind our own business and let Egypt fight and kill until Mubarak is gone?
Let me know your thoughts.

2. I woke up this morning to a story on the news about 3 British women coming to Philadelphia to meet a person in a hotel room to get butt injections.  These women wanted to increase their behinds by injecting liquid silicone into their butts.  Some breast implants are made from silicone but they are encased.  Once the silicone begins to leak it has been known to cause autoimmune disorders and even death.  In this story, one of the women died hours later in a Philadelphia hospital.
What has been the major switch in society that has woman all of sudden wanting what many black and Hispanic women have had for years?

Questions:  How do you all feel about altering your looks with surgery?  Why do you think in today's society this is done?  Men are you really looking for that woman that has the hourglass figure in a women?  If so, do you think they should do anything to obtain that look?

3. Did anybody listen to Obama's State of the Union address?  What did you think?  Do you feel more secure in our future or more afraid?  Do you think he is taking enough budget cuts to help with our deficit?  How many of you are satisfied or dissatisfied with the job that our president is currently doing.
do you think America's credibility of being the world power decreases because we owe so many people (countries) and our economy is down?

4. Is love having no regard for self, but caring more about another person more than you do yourself?

Faunya Estrada

Feb 9, 2011, 6:21:36 PM2/9/11
to life...@googlegroups.com
I'll briefly respond to each of your topics:
1) I think the US first priority should be the US.  However, when it is a case where massive lives are being lost, I think it is okay for the US to intervene prudently & where we can. We must understand, though, that we cannot save everyone....so I don't think it is prudent to risk our soldiers lives to save the lives of those in other countries who don't necessarily want to be saved.

2) I think it is the individuals perogative to choose to alter or not alter their looks, sugically....as long as it is safe, they can afford to keep it up & they are doing it for themselves.  I probably wouldn't surgically alter anything on me. I am pretty satisfied with the hand that God has dealt me, but if all risks and side effects did not exist...maybe I would.

3) I did watch Obama's State of the Union address, but to be honest, I fell asleep at some point during the speech. My opinions and perspectives remained the same before and after the speech. Obama is not perfect, but I do believe he is trying everything he can to strengthen this economy....and I think he is doing as good a job as any, given our countries current standing and their standing at the time he took office.

4) I think for a person to have no regard for themselves is foolish. In a perfect love situation, you can fully care for the other person and the other person can fully care for you. However, people are not perfect, so another person will never be able to fully take care of your needs and vice versa. So, while I would agree to putting that other persons needs before your own. I would not agree to disregarding your needs altogether. That way, if both parties are looking out for the other...as well as keeping an eye on their own needs, all needs are met.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre