If Women were to lead the world - will it come a better place?

Raj

Jan 29, 2011, 4:23:56 AM1/29/11
to Life Talk
I was watching the interview of Indra Nooyi - CEO Pepsi Co. and she
made some very interesting points. She said that she thinks if Women
were to lead the world in most aspects then world will become a better
place, there will be more compassion, there will be less aggression,
people will start to think more about the next generation.

I party agree to the statement, however I have my reservation and have
some questions:

1) Are women less prone to the lust of power?
2) Arent women as greedy as men are?
3) Arent women corrupt and selfish or when they taste power, money in
abundance they will not become corrupt?

If you have time watch the interview its 21 minutes long but worth it.

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/will-write-my-own-rules-as-ceo-indra-nooyi/189356

Cheers

Will

Jan 31, 2011, 3:48:19 PM1/31/11
to Life Talk
I think women would make great leaders because leadership is not a
quality that comes with gender, however, I do also remember a
discussion not too long ago about emotions and feelings and blood
being thicker than water, and not being Face Book friends because
somebody hurt my feelings, and BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! I don't think the
world would be able to stand that!

Middleton, Angella

Jan 31, 2011, 4:06:03 PM1/31/11
to life...@googlegroups.com
LOL..touché!

Angella

Tamara Evans

Jan 31, 2011, 6:04:21 PM1/31/11
to life...@googlegroups.com
First, I would like to say... Rajat, I don't know what's wrong with your post.  It came through a day later and without the link for the video.  It must be that Indian connection..

Ok, now about your questions... You listed 3 specific questions and to answer all them short and sweet.  I believe it would be even playing ground either male or female.
Meaning, as humans we are prone to greed, lust, and selfishness.  So it's not that women don't fall into these things because with money, power, and respect these other things may follow.

But by grouping women and men together as equals in every aspect of the way, i feel is wrong.  Our make up is not the same.  We think differently, we process the same information in different ways.  So in this video where the CEO is stating Pepsi was ahead of the game with her company than other companies with male CEO's I believe it is because of her thought process.. that female side of her caused her to do something differently that other companies had not even considered.

Do i think the world will be a better place if more women were in charge, no.  I don't think so.

To Will.. umm.. listen running a company is different that your friendships and the people you hold close to you.  Women in business are very professional and know how to seperate business from pleasure.  Those other stories concerned personal friendships and loyalty.
I mean, when it comes to loyalty wars have been started due to unloyal allies.  So why not a dispute do to FB loyalty. LOL!!

Rajat.. I like this lady.  I will be keeping an eye on her from here on out.  I like what she had to say, she is now on my list of who's who... :-)

347.png

Donnie estrada

Jan 31, 2011, 7:10:59 PM1/31/11
to life...@googlegroups.com

Tammy do women really know how to separate business from pleasure? Really answer this question. I have women bosses and managers, and those days.... it was over business and respect was out the door, and when they are not feeling dudes, they swing that power around. So I can't say for all women but me personally feel that women in power can do a great job, but doesn't mean, emotions wont show up wearing a business attire! LOL