Jabber Plugin and gTalk

Benedict

Jul 17, 2012, 11:19:57 PM7/17/12
to licq-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I downloaded and built libaosd, gloox, licq 1.6.1, the osd, jabber plugin, qt4 gui plugin from source. I would like to use licq for ICQ and gTalk. I don't seem to be able to connect to gTalk though. I used talk.google.com for the server and port 5223 when adding the account, but it doesn't login. The ICQ account does log in though.

Does the Jabber plugin support ssl/tls connections to Jabber servers? Is there a special place to set that up? Or do I need to add something to the build commands to specify adding ssl support?

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

Erik Johansson

Jul 18, 2012, 4:32:38 PM7/18/12
to licq-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM, Benedict <joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded and built libaosd, gloox, licq 1.6.1, the osd, jabber plugin,
> qt4 gui plugin from source. I would like to use licq for ICQ and gTalk. I
> don't seem to be able to connect to gTalk though. I used talk.google.com for
> the server and port 5223 when adding the account, but it doesn't login. The
> ICQ account does log in though.

The port should be 5222 not 5223.

> Does the Jabber plugin support ssl/tls connections to Jabber servers? Is
> there a special place to set that up? Or do I need to add something to the
> build commands to specify adding ssl support?

Yes, it supports TLS. By default it will automatically use it if the
server supports it.

// Erik

--
Erik Johansson