licq 1.6.1 Jabber + Facebook not working?

Thrawn

Sep 14, 2012, 4:52:06 AM9/14/12
to licq-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I would like to ask if the licq jabber plugin is supposed to work with the Facebook XMPP chat? I have installed gloox+headers and compiled/linked latest stable licq with the jabber plugin from source, and everything seems to work. But when I try to connect to the Facebook server, i keep getting the following critical error:

"[ERR] jabber: stream error (5):"

I am not sure if there is any log to inspect, the normal licq log ~/.licq/log.errors doesn't show anything. I have also double-checked the settings, ID is <my facebook tag>@chat.facebook.com, server is chat.facebook.com and port is 5222. I have also double-checked my password on www.facebook.com and it's correct. I suppose TLS will just work automatically, since Facebook requires the connection to be TLS enabled? I do have both GnuTLS and OpenSSL + headers installed, so I guess my Jabber plugin was linked against one of them and will be able to use TLS..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Erik Johansson

Sep 14, 2012, 5:10:02 AM9/14/12
to Thrawn, licq-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Thrawn <black...@gmx.net> wrote:
> I would like to ask if the licq jabber plugin is supposed to work with the
> Facebook XMPP chat?

Yes. I tested it here just now and it works for me.

> I have installed gloox+headers and compiled/linked
> latest stable licq with the jabber plugin from source, and everything seems
> to work. But when I try to connect to the Facebook server, i keep getting
> the following critical error:
>
> "[ERR] jabber: stream error (5):"
>
> I am not sure if there is any log to inspect, the normal licq log
> ~/.licq/log.errors doesn't show anything.

Can you please start licq with -d 31 and post the log?

> I have also double-checked the
> settings, ID is <my facebook tag>@chat.facebook.com, server is
> chat.facebook.com and port is 5222.

You're using the ID that is shown as Jabber ID when going to
https://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php and clicking on the "Other"
link, right?

// Erik

--
Erik Johansson
Home Page: http://ejohansson.se/

Thrawn

Sep 14, 2012, 5:14:33 AM9/14/12
to licq-...@googlegroups.com, Thrawn
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am using the correct ID. Actually, everything was correct. I discovered, that I had to actually restart licq to make it work. After restarting the client, everything went smoothly. Before that I had just configured the account and tried to login immediately afterwards. That didn't work for whatever reason.

Thanks! :)