Maintaining the console plugin

Anders Olofsson

Dec 16, 2012, 11:21:31 AM12/16/12
to licq...@googlegroups.com
I think the console plugin needs a big maintenance work to get up to
date with Licq.
There are, for example, several parts of it that still work as if Licq
is an ICQ only client and should to be rewritten to work properly with
multiple protocols. As I don't use it myself, I'm not even sure it's
currently even usable.

I'm working on getting support for multiple accounts per protocol and
also splitting the ICQ protocol from daemon. Both of these will require
API changes that will affect all plugins and I'm starting to wonder if
it's worth the effort to keep the console plugin working.

So is there anyone using the console plugin that is willing to spend
some time to freshen it up?
Otherwise I will just stop updating it and exclude it as of Licq 1.8.0.

/Anders

Anders Olofsson

Jan 1, 2013, 5:19:36 AM1/1/13
to licq...@googlegroups.com
And it's gone!

I should also admit that I haven't done any real testing on several of
the other plugins for some time. As they are rather small I don't have a
problem with keeping them alive, but if anyone think they should get
more testing than just compiling then feel free to do so.

/Anders

Bartłomiej Stobiecki

Jan 25, 2013, 3:49:44 PM1/25/13
to licq...@googlegroups.com

On 2013-01-01 11:19, Anders Olofsson wrote:

And it's gone!

Ack.. and I've just compiled Licq 1.7.1 for the sake of CLI interface on my Raspberry Pi microserver and bragged about it all over the interwebs ;-)

Oh well, it didn't appear to support wide characters and I can't help with that at the moment...