Injected License Key

Devin

Nov 10, 2010, 7:08:48 PM11/10/10
to licmax
In the licmax documents it is mentioned that the generated hashed key
is injected into the device through blackberry app world. However,
there is no mention of how to retrieve this value. Are there examples
anywhere?

Thanks.

licmax

Nov 11, 2010, 1:54:06 AM11/11/10
to licmax
Hello Devin,

If you'd like to use the Blackberry API's to retrieve the license key,
you can do so using the CodeModuleGroup interface, querying the .cod
files stored by App World Client. An explanation is here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/Dynamic-Licensing-Clarification/m-p/222364

You might want to read all the replies in that thread to see others'
experience.

Also, don't forget you can retrieve the license key from licmax.com
using the FetchLicKey request. Details for that are here:
http://licmax.com/developers.html#fetch_license_key

Thanks very much for using licmax, and let us know if that works for
you!

Sincerely,

The licmax Support Team

Devin

Nov 11, 2010, 9:29:14 AM11/11/10
to licmax
Thanks. I will give that a try.

I also wanted to confirm that you can use the fetch license for the
hashed keys. I am trying to make sure my app will be able to verify
the license without having to use the internet, but I would like to
make it as easy as possible. So fetching the key would be the best.

Thanks.

On Nov 11, 1:54 am, licmax <p...@licmax.com> wrote:
> Hello Devin,
>
> If you'd like to use the Blackberry API's to retrieve the license key,
> you can do so using the CodeModuleGroup interface, querying the .cod
> files stored by App World Client.  An explanation is here:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Developme...

licmax

Nov 11, 2010, 4:11:12 PM11/11/10
to licmax
Hello Devin,

Yes, you can use the Fetch License Key request to get either license
key type, dynamic or hashed.

Sincerely,

The licmax Support Team