How often is a dynamic key validated?

sheamus

Jul 21, 2011, 2:31:43 PM7/21/11
to licmax
(regarding blackberry)

One worry I have about a dynamic key, is that it will add to the start
up time of the application due to validation of the license against
the licmax server (especially when internet connection is slow).

If I cache the result of the of this check in my persistant storage
(so only ever checked once), then I am bypassing licmax security
features. If I stored isValidKey = true; in my persistant store, then
I would think someone could copy the persistant store off of the
device using javaloader, then just copy it to a new device.

Thoughts?

licmax

Jul 22, 2011, 4:04:53 PM7/22/11
to lic...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sheamus
You can choose to verify the license key at any point in time of run time. In fact, we encourage you to do the verification in multiple places of your code. Your program can delay the verification until the app is fully up and running. If the key is invalid, it can then ceases to function and stop operating. Also, you can choose to use HASHED license verification. This way, the verification occurs completely on the device itself without going outside for verification. You can also do both.
Please let us know if we can be of any further help to you.