Hashed License Key

Cassie

Feb 21, 2011, 10:45:48 PM2/21/11
to licmax
Hello licmax,

I am in the process of using your system. I would like to use your
hashed license key generation. Could you please shed some light on how
it works and how can I verify the license key?

Cassie

Posri

Feb 23, 2011, 6:25:14 PM2/23/11
to licmax
Hi Cassie,

The Reference Implementation Guide (http://licmax.com/
developers.html#ris) has a section called Hashed Licenses which
explains all about them. The advantage of hashed license keys is that
they can be verified online or offline. Offline you can verify
whether the present device is licensed to use your app without having
to connect to our license server. Online, you can not only verify the
license for the present device, but the license lifetime as well.

The Reference Implementations also have examples of how to verify
hashed licenses using SHA-1, -256, MD5, and base64 or ascii encoding.

Hope that helps. Sincerely,

Posri

Posri

Feb 23, 2011, 6:28:17 PM2/23/11
to licmax
try,

http://www.licmax.com/developers.html#ris

(the link didn't come out right from my browser)