compile LibTomCrypt by gcc met problems need help

Emily Anik

Oct 31, 2018, 4:25:12 AM10/31/18
to lib...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am a student and had like to compile the LibTomCrypt by GCC on Ubuntu, but I met a difficult problem that I can not find out the correct sequence of compilers from the makefile or configure files  (I mean that a correct combination commands and it should be include paths of all the source code were I need). I wouldn't be able to compile the source code without them, you know that everybody uses the make/makefile directive to install it automatically in general, not manually by gcc.
I just want to try to get different results through O2 O3 compilation and trying to analyze them.

I was found out some .o file in libtomcrypt/makefile_include.mktried change the .o to .cfailed.

Could you please give me some help?  :)

Thank you so much.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best,
Emily

Steffen Jaeckel

Oct 31, 2018, 10:25:00 AM10/31/18
to Emily Anik, lib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emily,

On 10/31/2018 09:24 AM, Emily Anik wrote:
> Hi,
> I am a student and had like to compile the LibTomCrypt by GCC on Ubuntu,
> but I met a difficult problem that I can not find out the correct
> sequence of compilers from the makefile or configure files  (I mean that
> a correct combination commands and it should be include paths of all the
> source code were I need). I wouldn't be able to compile the source code
> without them, you know that everybody uses the make/makefile directive
> to install it automatically in general, not manually by gcc.
> I just want to try to get different results through O2 O3 compilation
> and trying to analyze them.>
> I was found out some .o file in libtomcrypt
> <https://github.com/libtom/libtomcrypt>/makefile_include.mk
> <http://makefile_include.mk>, I tried change the .o to .c, failed.
>
> Could you please give me some help?  :)
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> I am looking forward to your reply.
>
> Best,
> Emily

did you have a look at the "Configuring and Building the
Library" Chapter in the documentation?

There should be no need to touch any of the files that we deliver to do
what you want to do.

HTH,
Steffen

--
Steffen Jaeckel - s_ja...@gmx.de
GnuPG fingerprint: C438 6A23 7ED4 3A47 5541 B942 7B2C D0DD 4BCF F59B

Emily Anik

Oct 31, 2018, 11:41:03 AM10/31/18
to s_ja...@gmx.de, lib...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steffen,
Thank you for your reply. I had like to get the compiled sequence, something like the CFLAGS=...
By changing the compilation level of O2 O3, I will get these different .bin files for analyzing and comparing the differences between them.
I saw in one paper, trying to analyze the compiler's impact on a program's .bin file.

Thanks for your help :)

Emily

Steffen Jaeckel <s_ja...@gmx.de> 于2018年10月31日周三 上午9:24写道: