Does libstrophe support pubsub ?

asafc...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2016, 12:52:06 PM2/22/16
to libstrophe
Hi,

I saw at http://xmpp.org/about/technology-overview.html that strophe listed in the libraries that support pubsub [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html]
("Strophe (C or JavaScript)") .

 is the C library  really support pubsub ? if so, where can I find some example to a simple client that use it ?

Thanks & Regards
Asaf

Dmitry Podgorny

Feb 22, 2016, 7:27:47 PM2/22/16
to libstrophe
Hello.
I can answer for the C library. Libstrophe is low-level library and provides interface for creating, sending and receiving xmpp stanzas. It performs connection and authentication process, but you need to implement any high-level logic by your own. This is the idea to build everything from bricks. Libstrophe allows you to implement pubsub, but this will be not 1-2 calls of the interface functions.

I think the best example will be project Profanity. It doesn't implement pubsub, but shows how to use the library.

So short answer is that libstrophe doesn't provides pubsub interface, but allows to implement it.

P.S. There is google group for the JavaScript Strophe: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/strophe. You can repeat your question there as well.

Dmitry Podgorny

Feb 22, 2016, 7:33:00 PM2/22/16
to libstrophe
Sorry, I didn't notice you asked only about the C library. Please, don't repeat your question in the javascript's group :).