Problem loading Libstats on a Mac

Jason Coleman

Oct 12, 2010, 12:03:52 PM10/12/10
to libstats
One of the librarians where I work (K-State Libraries) has been having
difficulties getting into Libstats on his Mac. Here is the most recent
message he sent me:

"I'm persistently having problems with LibStats. I think it's a Mac
thing
b/c it doesn't matter what browser I use: Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.
What happens is
that I log in and it accepts my login (I guess, it doesn't reject it)
and then displays
nothing. Just a white page w/ nothing on it. Sometimes eventually
after logging in
a number of times I'll randomly click on my bookmark for LibStats and
the stats page will
appear (without even prompting me to login). But I've been getting the
blank page more
frequently lately."

Have any of you encountered similar problems? Do you know of a
solution?

I'd be grateful for any insights/advice you might have.

Thanks!

Jason Coleman
K-State Libraries

Andy Morton

Oct 12, 2010, 2:52:23 PM10/12/10
to libstats
Hi Jason, I installed Libguides on our remote host and administer it
daily all from my Mac using Safari and/or Firefox. Not really sure
what to say here but no problems from here using my macbook pro.

Good luck with a solution!

Erin Germ

Oct 12, 2010, 3:00:08 PM10/12/10
to amo...@richmond.edu, libstats
Maybe someone else could back me up, but if I remember correctly, when PHP error messaging is turned off and there is an error, only a white page displays.

Have you checked the logs

----------------------
"Well then what am I supposed to do with all my creative ideas- take a bath and wash myself with them? 'Cause that is what soap is for" (Peter, Family Guy)

http://eringerm.com/
http://twitter.com/ErinLovesTechno

Dung Le

Oct 14, 2010, 12:57:24 AM10/14/10
to jasonc...@gmail.com, libstats
Hello Jason,

I think it is not the Mac issue. It is with the rewrite rule in the .htaccess file under libstat directory such as:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /hsLibstats/
RewriteRule .+\.do$ Controller.php
DirectoryIndex index.php

make sure you had it right.

And the way to find out what causes is to look at the error_log file under web server such as in apache: /etc/httpd/logs/
and correct it accordingly. It should not be too difficult. But you need to see the error message.

Send the error message from the error_log file back to us we may help you.

Dung.

Jason Coleman

Oct 19, 2010, 6:42:21 PM10/19/10
to libstats
Thank you all for your advice! I will share it with our Libstats admin
team. I feel confident now that we will get to the bottom of the
issue.