Add-ons to libstats

Sharon Whitfield

Nov 18, 2010, 12:52:32 PM11/18/10
to libstats
I was just wondering what alterations or add-ons that you have
included with your installation of libstats. For instance, there is
the add-ons folder. The only add-on I can see that is recommended is
the calendar. Is there an add-on that I am missing?

Erin

Nov 18, 2010, 1:40:55 PM11/18/10
to libstats
Currently, I only know of the calendar.

When Mark and I were tweaking it sometime ago, I had notes and a todo
list (of which I cannot locate). I wanted to expand using jQuery and
AJAX to streamline the interface and add other features.

On Nov 18, 12:52 pm, Sharon Whitfield <sharonmawhitfi...@gmail.com>

Sharon Whitfield

Nov 29, 2010, 12:45:40 PM11/29/10
to libstats
Erin,
I am working on tabs (but using CSS). I am finding jquery problems
with ie 8, which is really causing some problems. I am trying to use
libstats as an interface to get rid of all the paper at the circ desk,
ref desk, etc. I would like to create something like a todo list. We
have a list of computer problems that I would like to incorporate and
then cross off or put a check next to them when they are done. Do you
have any suggestions?

Erin Germ

Nov 29, 2010, 1:17:16 PM11/29/10
to libstats
Suggestions...hmmm...

The easiest method I can think of is to create a new question type, and generate a report limiting to that particular type. When completed just delete the "question"/computer problem from the list, or just add text in front of the question: [SOLVED]  or [DONE]. This would not require any code or database modifications.

Adding flare to it would be doing the same thing as I described- create a new question type, and generate a report limiting to that particular type. Then create a separate table specifically for computer problems. In the computer problems table, create a few columns with at least: primary key, foreign key (linking to the question's primary key, status, notes, etc... You would have to modify the custom report to be an interface to update existing computer problems.

I'm sure with enough time, you could come up with a great interface and other ideas to achieve what your looking for.

What specific jQuery issues are you having in IE8?

~

Separate from what you asked: I had started looking into using Drupal to do a libstats. The CCK module allows for limitless creation of forms and such. What spawned the idea was us using LibStats and also testing out Case Tracker, a tracking module. Currently we track electronic resource outages and trials on Case Tracker. I began conceptually working on a way to integrate libstats into a case tracking software. It would be all encompassing- reference stats, circulation stats, technology support, reference "cue", and building maintenance interface.

Like many other ideas and projects I begin, it got shifted to the side due to other responsibilities.

"Well then what am I supposed to do with all my creative ideas- take a bath and wash myself with them? 'Cause that is what soap is for" -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy