genus function warnings in debug mode

Jean-Pierre Flori

Oct 31, 2016, 9:18:41 AM10/31/16
to libsingular-devel
Hi all,

I guess this is the last thing we have to report when using Singular 4 in debug mode in Sage.
When computing the genus of a curve, we get warnings about calling minpoly:
Here is a Singular piece of code reproducing this behavior:

> ring r4=0,(x,y,z,w),dp;
> ideal i =x^3 + y^3 - z^3 - w^3, x^5 - y*z^4;
> i;
i[1]=x3+y3-z3-w3
i[2]=x5-yz4
> genus(i);
// ** no minpoly allowed if there are local objects belonging to the basering:
number((a2+a+1))
// ** killing a local object due to minpoly change: p
// ** no minpoly allowed if there are local objects belonging to the basering:
number((a2-a+1))
// ** killing a local object due to minpoly change: p
13

Best,
JPF