question about slimgb protocol output

Martin Albrecht

Jan 10, 2011, 5:55:27 PM1/10/11
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I wrote a parser for Singular's protocol output during a Gröbner basis
computation, cf.

However, sometimes I get output of the form:

Input rows 12
Irred Mon:164
red Mon:1
rank:12

which isn't documented on the option(prot) page in the Singular manual. I can
guess the meaning of these lines, but is that really SlimGB's output or some
pre-processing algorithm?

Also, since I'm mainly interested in extracting the highest degree reached
during the computation my question is mainly whether there's a way to get that
information somehow?

Cheers,
Martin
--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99

Martin Albrecht

Jan 11, 2011, 6:58:21 AM1/11/11
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com
> Also, since I'm mainly interested in extracting the highest degree reached
> during the computation my question is mainly whether there's a way to get
> that information somehow?

Hi, sorry for replying to myself. I now read the source code of tgb and it
seems this output comes from the noro implementation for multi reduction.
Would you object to printing the current degree for noro as well if opt(prot)
is set, just as in the other multi_reduction?