Timestamps issues with autotools autogenerated files

Jean-Pierre Flori

Oct 27, 2016, 6:33:56 AM10/27/16
to libsingular-devel
Dear all,

It seems some autotools autogenerated files get regenerated with the source tarball provided on singular ftp.
Not sure why as a very quick look shows no issue, and running autoreconf -fiv should leave everything in a good state.

Anyway, for Sage we currently need to touch everything in the right order to avoid (potentially failing) regeneration of some files:
"""
touch configure.ac aclocal.m4 configure Makefile.am Makefile.in _config.h.in
touch */configure.ac */aclocal.m4 */configure */Makefile.am */Makefile.in */_config.h.in
"""

Sorry not to give much more details...

Best,
JPF

han...@mathematik.uni-kl.de

Nov 2, 2016, 8:37:10 AM11/2/16
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 03:33:55AM -0700, Jean-Pierre Flori wrote:
> It seems some autotools autogenerated files get regenerated with the
> source tarball provided on singular ftp.
> Not sure why as a very quick look shows no issue, and running autoreconf
> -fiv should leave everything in a good state.
auotconf generated configure insists on using "-g -O2" with gcc (at
least for the tests) which results in failing tests for backtrack
functions in omalloc (because they conflict with -fomit-frame-pointer
which is part of -O2).
Therefore autogen.sh replaces "-g -O2" by "-g" in configure.
Seems that we have to touch
touch */configure */configure.ac */aclocal.m4 */configure */Makefile.am
*/Makefile.in */_config.h.in configure aclocal.m4 Makefile.am
Makefile.in _config.h.in

Hans