bugreport

1 view
Skip to first unread message

Martin Albrecht

unread,
Mar 5, 2010, 8:22:33 AM3/5/10
to libsingular-devel
Hi there,

I am updating our Singular version to 3-1-1-0 and noticed that in genus() in
normal.lib you now have:

if(char(basering)>0)
{
def R1=changeord("dp");
setring R1;
ideal J=std(imap(R0,I));
if(dim(J)!=1){ERROR("ideal defines not a curve");}
def S=changevar(varstr(R)+",@t");
setring S;
ideal J=imap(R1,J);
J=std(homog(J,@t));
int pa=1-hilbPoly(J)[1];
setring R0;
list nor=normalP(I);
return(pa-nor[2][2]);
}

This gives me an error because "R" is not defined.

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99
_otr: 47F43D1A 5D68C36F 468BAEBA 640E8856 D7951CCF
_www: http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~malb
_jab: martinr...@jabber.ccc.de

Hans Schoenemann

unread,
Mar 5, 2010, 9:26:53 AM3/5/10
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 01:22:33PM +0000, Martin Albrecht wrote:
Hi,
this is a typo, sorry for that.
It should be R1 at that place:

> if(char(basering)>0)
> {
> def R1=changeord("dp");
> setring R1;
> ideal J=std(imap(R0,I));
> if(dim(J)!=1){ERROR("ideal defines not a curve");}
> def S=changevar(varstr(R1)+",@t");
====

> setring S;
> ideal J=imap(R1,J);
> J=std(homog(J,@t));
> int pa=1-hilbPoly(J)[1];
> setring R0;
> list nor=normalP(I);
> return(pa-nor[2][2]);
> }
>
Hans

Hans Schoenemann

unread,
Jul 8, 2010, 1:24:31 PM7/8/10
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 01:22:33PM +0000, Martin Albrecht wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am updating our Singular version to 3-1-1-0 and noticed that in genus() in
> normal.lib you now have:
>
.....
The problems with genus in characteristic p should be fixed in
Singular-3-1-1-3

Hans Schoenemann

Martin Albrecht

unread,
Jul 9, 2010, 10:14:34 AM7/9/10
to libsingu...@googlegroups.com

Great, I'll try to provide an updated SPKG before Sage Days 23.5 starts so
that we all have a good basis to work from.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages