Return of googlegroups

Trevor Watkins

Apr 26, 2024, 5:31:17 AMApr 26
to LibertarianSA
Stephen van Jaarsveldt recently posted an email to libsa@googlegroups entitled "Long time no smell". This was the first post on this forum since October 2021, advertising the libsem that year.

I have long railed against the inadequacies of whatsapp as a meaningful discussion forum, and have researched Locals, Discord, Slack and numerous whatsapp lookalikes.  Most of them want money to use. I liked and developed the  use of Discord, and posted all the libertarian seminar videos there, for free. It is still a much better platform than whatsapp, for anything more than planning dinner.

Somehow I (and many others) had forgotten just how well googlegroups works as a forum for long form discussions, with good editing facilities,
good layout,
  1. decent point numbering,
    • and bullet points
and shit stuff like that

and its easy to setup (gmail), join, start a new structured post, search and review online, archives back to 2007..

Fascinating how easy we are fooled into believing something is better because it's newer.

Thank you Stephen for your Luddite contributions. I intend to use googlegroups actively going forward.

Trevor Watkins
bas...@gmail.com - 083 44 11 721 - www.individualist.one

Trevor Watkins

Apr 26, 2024, 11:36:32 AMApr 26