A Long Slow Strategy To More Libertarian Space?

Gabri Rigotti

Jun 11, 2024, 2:18:28 AMJun 11
to li...@googlegroups.com
Whatever promotes or safeguards individual freedom is useful for libertarianism/individualism ...

This Daily Friend article below written by an overseas analyst is interesting.

Looking to build more on Trevor's sum up in a recent email here, Wed, May 22, 4:09 PM, towards a "calculus of freedom principles" extracted in blue italics after this below, we could say that any path that promotes HWC = NoH + NAP  with the least possible infringement of NAP is a desirable path.

If an ANC further-shake-out of its anti individual freedom voters still secures an:

    ANC + DA > 50%

then a centrist governance can result, with a greater possibility of service delivery.

(Retaining the ANC brand would be useful as Cope is a cautionary tale, it has all but disappeared ... ).

The improved service delivery will incentivise more voters back into the centre, reinforcing and building up the centre.

This centre will start looking more and more classical liberal in nature, and using Martin van Staden's model that libertarianism/individualism is a purer form of classical liberalism, more real world space will be created for the libertarian minded ...

(See below for the kernel of an emerging calculus)

Calculus Of Freedom Principles
(from Trevor's email in Libsa)

I like the idea of a calculus of freedom principles, and provide my own:

NoM = Nature of Man (Ayn Rand)
NoH = Nature of Humans (Gabri Rigotti)
NAP = Non aggression principle (US libertarians)
CA   = Consent Axiom (Trevor Watkins)
IMC = Individualist Movement Charter (Trevor Watkins)
HCR = Harm Consent Rule  (Trevor Watkins)
HWC = Harm with Consent (Gabri Rigotti)
=>      = implies
∈     = is a subset of

NoM => NoH
NAP CA IMC HCR HWC ∈ NoH
NAP CA IMC ∈ HCR
HCR = NoH + NAP + CA + IMC
HWC = NoH + NAP

--

" It is not the water in the fields that brings true development, rather, it is water in the eyes, or compassion for fellow beings, that brings about real development. "

—Anna Hazare