Writing competition about the effects of the modern censorhip

8 skatījumi
Pāriet uz pirmo nelasīto ziņojumu

Schalk Dormehl

nelasīta,
2020. gada 26. nov. 11:29:4526.11.20
uz indivi...@googlegroups.com,Libertarian SA
The price of freedom (and free speech) is eternal vigilance.

We are the team behind SmokeSignal.eth.link, SmokeSignal is a free speech platform that has been built on the Ethereum blockchain. It cannot be censored, in any way, not even by its creators.

We've begun to reach out to communities specifically like this one, because like us, you have probably begun to get the creeping feeling that things are not OK when it comes to free speech online. As far as we can tell hundreds of groups and pages from various services like Facebook and Reddit have been removed or somehow severely restricted over the past 2-4 years. Thousands and thousands of users have also been banned from various services. In some cases innocuous things like simply being listed as a moderator on a mildly controversial page has led to permanent, irrevocable bans.

We can speculate as to the causes and motivations of this development, but it is very hard to argue that it has not been happening. Perhaps one of the biggest indicators that something is going on is the sudden surge in popularity of Parler. Parler surged to more than 10 million users on what appears to be a backlash to censorship on Twitter with regards to voting fraud allegations.

If you feel as we do, that this is a deeply concerning development and that it threatens our civilization, then we would like to invite you to share your thoughts with us.

We are presently holding an Essay competition where we'll be handing our $100 to each of the top 10 essays, posted to SmokeSignal, about the effects and the dangers of censorship. Your essay can be of any length and the winners will be decided by our existing community and founding team.

To enter, simply head on over to https://SmokeSignal.eth.link and post your essay under the topic "censorship"

PS SmokeSignal is still under fairly heavy development and does require some familiarization with the Metamask plug in.
PPS Since the technology is still fairly new, if there are fewer takers, your essay stands a higher chance of winning!
Any questions can be posted on our forum here: https://forum.foundrydao.com/t/smokesignal-writing-competition/62

Kind regards,
Schalk Dormehl
Atbildēt visiem