cannot log in to router and passwords don't work

dotso...@gmail.com

May 14, 2021, 9:52:54 AM5/14/21
to LibraryBox
Hello to all- I admit that I am a green new user. However after flashing the firmware to my AR-150, the only way I can log into the router is with an ethernet cable atached to  lan port. Once in the software will not accept the password to allow access. Do I need to reflas the firmware. I am using user's guide ver. 1.1. Thanks to all. I also used what I think is the newest firmware.

tgil...@gmail.com

May 15, 2021, 3:52:39 AM5/15/21
to LibraryBox
Hi
I understand that you have flashed an AR-150 device  (from OEM firmware) with the Digital Library Ver 2 firmware.
You have the Digital Library User Guide from here:

The following comments assuming the above understanding is correct.

1. It is essential when re-flashing a device with a different firmware that the configuration settings are *NOT* preserved.
Unfortunately, preserving the configuration settings is often the default in OEM firmware, so if you haven't manually changed this setting when doing the flashing operation, then the device will have invalid settings when it starts up.

Is it possible that this could have happened in your case?

2. I understand that you have been able to log in to the AR-150 device via the LAN cable and ssh terminal session, and that you can see the Digital Library splash screen (not the original firmware splash screen)
- Is this correct?
- What IP address are you using to connect to the device?
- If you point your web browser to this IP address, can you see the Digital Library Home page?

3. The easiest way to recover from a flash with incorrect settings is to re-flash the device.
If you can see the DL Home page, then point your browser to the DL Admin page at:    http://<IP-address>/admin
Then select the Firmware Upgrade page from the top menu.
Browse for the firmware file on your PC and click the Upload button.
Check the checksum is correct, then click on Proceed.

4. It will take about 5 minutes to re-flash and restart the device.
It should then start up on the default DL IP address of 10.10.10.1.
You should be able to connect via LAN cable at this IP using credentials "root/password", either with a fixed IP profile or usinf DHCP to automatically get an IP address.
You should be able to see the DL Home and Admin pages at this IP address or at "http://digital-library".
You should be able to see the DL WiFi Access Point called "Digital-Library" and connect to it with wifi password  "password".

5. If you can not access the DL Home page in Step 2. above, then it is possible to recover by loading the firmware and re-flashing via the command line as an alternative.
There is also an alternative to use the OEM U-Boot Web Recovery process to recover which is quite straightforward.

Please let us know how you go.

Regards
Terry