remove WPA2 password

Sean

Dec 3, 2016, 12:17:00 PM12/3/16
to LibraryBox
Hi,

I wanted to temprarily secure my Library box so I added a WPA2 password using"

root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].encryption=psk2
root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].key="your_password"
root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit wireless
root@OpenWrt:~# wifi

Now I want it back to an open system but can't seem to get it to work despite googling for the answer. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Sean

Dec 3, 2016, 12:25:43 PM12/3/16
to LibraryBox
Update: I was able to do it by editing to /etc/var/wireless and commenting out :

option encryption 'psk2'
option key

and then restarting wireless. Is there another way to do it? I want to learn as much as possible. Thank you.

Matthias Strubel

Dec 3, 2016, 1:32:38 PM12/3/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

the command for disabling encryption is:

root@OpenWrt:~# uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].encryption=none
root@OpenWrt:~# uci commit wireless
root@OpenWrt:~# wifi

best regards
Matthias

Sean

Matthias Strubel

Dec 4, 2016, 1:49:12 PM12/4/16
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
review existing sourcecode and the openwrt wiki are the best ressources. Especially existing scripts can be very helpful.

best regards Matthias