Anyone working with the newer Gl-inet devices based on the Mediatek chipset?

joltdude

Jul 7, 2016, 8:23:32 AM7/7/16
to LibraryBox
With the issues of the newer TPLink firmware locking out firmwares due to FCC regs and not wanting to bother with a signed or other solution, has anyone worked on any LibraryBox builds / install script for the newer Gl-Inet devices, some which allow for an internal micro-sd card and come with sizable ram already...

Also has OpenWRT installed by default...

Thinking the MT300A....  Have 2 more on order with the "expanded RAM" (256 vs default 128)....

Anyone play with this configuration yet?
-J

Gaurav Saini

Jan 8, 2017, 11:17:14 AM1/8/17
to LibraryBox
Hello Everyone,

Any updates on this ? Has anyone tried using Gl-inet with library-box as these have high RAM and flash memory which will help support more devices streaming continuously.

Thanks
Gaurav

T Gillett

Jan 9, 2017, 9:13:45 PM1/9/17
to LibraryBox
Hi Guarev

I have made some firmware builds for VT-RACHEL application on the MT-300A device.

Early days, but initial test results are looking good.

I think the MT based devices will prove to be good for applications like LibraryBox with the cpu and memory resources they have.

Regards
Terry

T Gillett

Jan 9, 2017, 9:13:45 PM1/9/17
to LibraryBox

Gaurav Saini

Jul 1, 2017, 3:58:52 PM7/1/17
to LibraryBox
Hello Gaurav,

Can you please share the firmware you built for the MT300a or AR300M devices ?

I am trying to host a pilot project in government institute for the testing number of simultaneous connections that these devices can handles.

Thanks
Gaurav

T Gillett

Jul 2, 2017, 5:11:36 AM7/2/17
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guarev

You can get vanilla LEDE firmware builds for the MT300A and MT300N devices from the LEDE download page here:
    http://downloads.lede-project.org/releases/17.01.2/targets/ramips/mt7620/

These are basic builds with a LuCI web interface as well as command line interface. They will appear on IP address 192.168.1.1

Below also are details of some test builds I made for the MT300A device for the VillageTelco SECN project..

These are all sysupgrade images that can be loaded from the GLinet bootloader web page or from the OpenWrt command line using the sysupgrade command:
    # sysupgrade -v -n <filename>

This firmware will boot up on 10.130.1.20. There is a web admin page and ssh command line login available:
    $ ssh ro...@10.130.1.20

Note that the LAN Ethernet port is active but there is no DHCP running by default, so you will need to set up a static IP address.
You can enable DHCP by ticking the checkbox on the Advanced admin page, click on Save, wait for the screen to refresh and reboot.

The firmware runs Access Point and Mesh wifi interfaces. You can disable the mesh interface with the checkbox on the Advanced web page.

This firmware will boot up on 10.130.1.254. The default web page is a skeleton RACHEL index page.
To get to the admin pages use the following urls:
Login credentials are  admin/rachel or root/vtrachel

DHCP is running by default on the Access Point.

Some additional information here:
    http://wiki.villagetelco.org/RACHEL_on_MP2

I hope this is useful for your project.

Regards
Terry

Matthias Strubel

Jul 2, 2017, 5:35:57 AM7/2/17
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Well ok, no LibraryBox packages and features.

I am currently working on an officially port, but that will take another few days. The reason is, that proftpd is not an officially supported package anymore... so I need to build it in my own and remove a hard package dependency. Building itself is not the issue, but adjusting infrastructure and build-chain for image generation takes a while.

Best regards Matthias
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "LibraryBox" group.

Matthias Strubel

Jul 2, 2017, 10:12:01 AM7/2/17
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

well, at least my piratebox build works now http://development.piratebox.de/target_piratebox_ramips-mt7620/
So you can test this as well..

This also includes a kind of captive portal, which is currently tested only on iOS.. see more information about this here
https://forum.piratebox.cc/read.php?3,20993

BTW: important side node, after flashing LEDE, telnet is not available- only ssh:

there will be no default password.

best regards Matthias

PS: if you want to provide test feedback, feel free to post in the piratebox forum.