usb port not there when setup librarybox on MR3020

Christophe Rhein

Jun 26, 2014, 3:51:31 AM6/26/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
A teacher brought me 2 libraryboxes that he messed up!
He installed  the firmware and I can ssh to it through Ethernet connection but that's it!

First off all if the firmware is installed properly do I see a wifi connection or not? (in my case no)

I tried to reinstall the firmeware following the steps from your

Problems with your installation... steps

when I

cd /mnt/usb
    mtd
-r write YOUR_FIRMWARE_NAME_HERE firmware
I can not reach the usb folder.

I tried also by copying the install folder on a clean usb stick and nothing happens...

Any idea?

Thank you

Christophe

Leonard Payne

Jun 26, 2014, 12:56:57 PM6/26/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Please may I add my 2c

When I first installed on a 703, I had some problems when accessing the menu through http:

When I was selecting the firsmware to update, the browser wouldnt go to the stick.
It wanted to browse the PC

So this is what I did on the MR-3020

1. TP-Link OFF

2. Blank USB Stick - Load all the software on it. You should have the 'install' folder. I also left the firmware
on it as well just in case I was blowing smoke from my backend.

3. Put the driver ALSO in a folder on the PC

3. Using your PC directly connected to the Ethernet port, get your browser up and running and go to the correct IP
address 192.168.0.X

4. Select the correct menu option to load the firmware. If you have a 3020, it should be in engrish.

5. Browse to the firmware and load it.

6. Caffeine

7. When it is finished with the firmware, you PC should tell you that ytou "have lost connection" - Yippee - Good News

8. The install process is now starting. When it is finished, around 5 - 10 minutes your SSID should appear in the WIFI List.

working fine for me.  I could duplicate this forever.

Allons-y

Matthias Strubel

Jul 3, 2014, 5:08:22 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christophe,
is the issue solved?

Matthias

C.Rhein

Jul 4, 2014, 12:26:30 PM7/4/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Matthias!

Thanks for asking but I had no time to work on it this days.
I prepare my talk for the RMLL in Montpellier (Free Software meeting). I
will present teachers work using the piratebox/librarybox.
I configured a raspberry pi with Moodle on it. I connect the Raspberry
on the TP-Link and use the Librarybox nice interface to open the Moodle
interface. It will be used for students learning how to drive Lorries...
Nice project!