Unable to complete step 17 of LibraryBox instructions

Alex Miller

Oct 1, 2013, 3:16:31 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We are repeatedly running into an error at step 17 of Jason's LibraryBox instructions. We are receiving the "installed in root is up to date" message, but when we go onto the next step (17) and input the instructions, this is the error we are receiving:

root@OpenWrt:/tmp# opkg update && opkg install piratebox_0.3-2_all.ipk
Downloading http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/ar71xx/packages/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.

We cannot get any further than this step. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matthias Strubel

Oct 1, 2013, 3:25:38 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
ehm, can you confirm your internet is working on the box?

does

ping 8.8.8.8
ping google.com

work?

Matthias

Jason Griffey

Oct 1, 2013, 3:25:55 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com

This may sound like a silly question, but: when did you download your copy of the OpenWRT firmware?

Jason

Matthias Strubel

Oct 1, 2013, 3:40:01 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com
ah Jason.. sure good point!!!
That is an old image !

Alex Miller

Oct 1, 2013, 3:40:43 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

We are able to ping google.com without any problems. We only recently downloaded our copy of the openwrt firmware (within last two weeks). It appears that the packages link we are using is 404'ed. But where do we find a working link to run the update? We just tried downloading piratebox 0.5.1 and we get the message the save was successful. But once we run the next command we aren't able to get any further. We've tried piratebox 0.3.2 but we run into the same problem.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Matthias Strubel

Oct 1, 2013, 3:43:07 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com
yes, I removed the old images and 6 weeks later the packages a while ago.

The current images you can find here: http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/ar71xx_AA/

Sorry for the inconvenience
regards Matthias

2013/10/1 Alex Miller <alexmi...@gmail.com>
Hello

Alex Miller

Oct 1, 2013, 3:47:18 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Hello

Do we need to reflash the MR3020 with the newest image of OpenWRT?

Jason Griffey

Oct 1, 2013, 3:53:54 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com

I thought that I had a known-good version up, but...openWRT might have changed something.

Give me a bit to check it out, and I'll report back. Also, you DEFINITELY want the .3.2, or else librarybox won't work at all. At least the current release. :-)

More soon,

Jason

Matthias Strubel

Oct 1, 2013, 4:01:18 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Jason Griffey

Oct 1, 2013, 4:26:53 PM10/1/13
to libra...@googlegroups.com

Alex,

I just updated the "build" link to a known-good one:

take a look at that, download that file, and try re-flashing the OpenWRT.

Sorry for any issues...

Jason