LibraryBox on GL-AR150?

Hannah F

Apr 4, 2018, 3:53:37 AM4/4/18
to LibraryBox

Matthias Strubel

Apr 8, 2018, 2:45:49 PM4/8/18
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I don't think anybody tried building an image for that router.

Here they are: http://villain.bitcave.cc/~strubel/librarybox/
Keep in mind to "untick" the box "keep settings" (so, do not keep the settings) when doing a firmware upgrade with the new image.

best regards Matthias

Tamsyn Sutton

Apr 13, 2018, 11:08:09 AM4/13/18
to LibraryBox
Oddly, that's actually what I've spent this afternoon doing, without much success so far. Definitely use Matthias's image rather than the generic GLiNet one from the site, I got much further with that.

David Gutierrez

Sep 11, 2018, 2:26:27 PM9/11/18
to LibraryBox
Yes, I did it using openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-ar150-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
The only trouble is that it's version 2.0. I can't figure out how to upgrade to 2.1
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-gl-inet-v1-squashfs-factory.bin will not work with the ar150.

David

Matthias Strubel

Sep 11, 2018, 2:58:19 PM9/11/18
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Uh, seems the image file got missing during preparation for 2.1

David Gutierrez

Sep 11, 2018, 4:02:41 PM9/11/18
to LibraryBox
Matthias, is there an updated bin for the AR150?

David

Matthias Strubel

Sep 11, 2018, 4:28:14 PM9/11/18
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I guess yes. I am not sure from the top of my head.
At this point in time, I am not sure, If I can "just" rebuild the entire set of images again without side-effects.

btw: I am quite sure, you should be able to reflash with the old image together with the new packages. I can't remember about changes in the config.txt feature for 2.1, which is firmware-version bound.
You will "only" loose some bugfixes in the auto-installer and auto-flasher which where shipped on 2.1

I'll have a closer look at this at the weekend.

David Gutierrez

Sep 11, 2018, 5:14:42 PM9/11/18
to LibraryBox
I tried to do just that, but didn't succeed. I'll try it again.

David

Matthias Strubel

Sep 11, 2018, 5:16:04 PM9/11/18
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I meant using the old AR150 image not the plain glinet one

Matthias Strubel

Sep 15, 2018, 12:08:41 PM9/15/18
to libra...@googlegroups.com, Jason Griffey
Hi,