Can't login to SSH after assigning a password

Marcus Gollahon

Jul 3, 2014, 2:32:23 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I am new to this type of thing and I am afraid I messed up.

Following the directions on the download screen, I got my box up and running. Then I went to set the password. I understand that on Open WRT when you are setting the password no characters are shown. I set my password then tried to log in using SSH and it is declining my password. I know my password, but how come it is declining my password now?

Please anyone help.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus Gollahon

Jul 3, 2014, 3:06:06 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
I am using a TL-MR3040

Matthias Strubel

Jul 3, 2014, 5:07:47 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
in case you are using Linux or MacOS, remember adding the username:

ssh ro...@librarybox.lan

(or IP),  if omitted, it takes the current username.

Matthias

Marcus Gollahon

Jul 3, 2014, 7:32:20 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
This did not work.
I have a PC. Still access denied. I can't see what I am typing so it is frustrating that it keeps telling me I am entering it in wrong.

Sean

Jul 3, 2014, 7:38:34 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com

I did that the other day. Must of been me fat fingering my SSH password. I went into fail-safe mode and did a passwd to change it. Hope that helps.

Marcus Gollahon

Jul 3, 2014, 7:54:27 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
I am sorry, I do not know how to initiate fail-safe for TL 3040.

Sean

Jul 3, 2014, 8:06:36 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Marcus,

A lot of questions can be answered by a google search. That's how I learned, along with just messing things up and fixing them. The steps are:

Turn on the  router
Wait about 5 secs then Press the “Reset” button for 3secs
The device is now in Failsafe (should only have 1 light lit on top)
access it by telnetting to  192.168.1.1

Marcus Gollahon

Jul 3, 2014, 8:23:31 PM7/3/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com, kurven...@googlemail.com
Yes, I just found the same thing on Google. Thank you for confirming.