Mapping a hard drive to a LibraryBox FTP connection

Chris Hamling

Apr 9, 2014, 4:59:15 PM4/9/14
to libra...@googlegroups.com
Just found a great free app that allows you to map a hard drive letter to a FTP connection on the LibraryBox (SSH not enabled for simplicity).

It is called  FtpUse http://www.ferrobackup.com/ftpuse/ and I have had 11 connections running on 11 laptops after increasing the number of permissible FTP connections. I use a batch file to create the connection each time the user wants to connect as follows and map it to drive Y:

ECHO Do not close this window

cd C
:\Program Files\FERRO Software\FtpUse

start FTPUSE y
: /DELETE

start /
wait FTPUSE y: 192.168.1.1/shared/software/User1 YourPassword /USER:nobody

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "Y:"

PAUSE

Each user can be mapped to their own directory if desired.

Closing the command window closes the drive mapping.