Google's Newsletter for Librarians - 2nd issue

Jodi Healy

Jan 20, 2006, 12:31:16 AM1/20/06
to librarian-...@googlegroups.com
If you can't see the newsletter below, go to: www.google.com/librariannewsletter/0106

January 2006
Welcome to the second issue of the Google Librarian newsletter
Jodi Healy, Manager, Library Partnership Team

Greetings, and welcome to the second issue of the Google Librarian newsletter. It's only been a month since we sent the first issue, and already hundreds of you have written to tell us what you think... Read more.

Beyond Algorithms: A Librarian's Guide to Finding Web Sites You Can Trust
Karen G. Schneider, Director, Librarians' Internet Index

Okay, so your favorite search engine has turned up thousands of web sites on the topic of your choosing. Which ones should you trust? Read more.

How Does Google Determine Which Web Sites Are the Most "Trusted"?
Matt Cutts, Software Engineer, Google

In the debut issue of the Google Librarian newsletter, we published an article by quality engineer Matt Cutts explaining how Google collects and ranks search results. The most common question we heard in response was "How does Google determine which web sites are the most 'trusted'?" Here, his reply... Read more.

The opinions expressed by contributors to this newsletter are those of the authors and not Google Inc.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted