Active Australian 0492 mobile number invalid - how can I fix?

Sam Minton

Mar 14, 2022, 6:12:12 PM3/14/22
to libphonenumber-discuss
Hi,

I have been using django-phonenumber-field, which has been great in ensuring correct phone details in our database.

We are starting to run into a few cases of valid numbers not being allowed by the library. Specifically 0492 xxx xxx mobile numbers don't validate.

I thought it best to ask here about how I might fix this before posting an issue on GitHub.

Is there any way I can update the validation to allow for numbers like this?

Has anyone else run into this issue? I couldn't find anything in previous conversations.

Thanks,

Sam

Aravind Penmetsa

Mar 17, 2022, 2:58:39 AM3/17/22
to libphonenum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us on this.

libphonenumber is already supporting AU 0492 xxx xxx mobile numbers. Please check our demo page.

Looks like you are using a different fork that is not an official one.

If you would like to use the python version of libphonenumber, this is the officially recommended one.
Or you can check with the django-phonenumber-field owner about updating their metadata.

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind

Sam Minton

Mar 20, 2022, 11:23:15 PM3/20/22
to libphonenumber-discuss
Updating underlying libraries fixed the issue.

Apologies, thanks... all good