Tajikistan (TJ) dialling codes

David Cantrell

Oct 27, 2021, 6:02:29 PM10/27/21
to libphonenum...@googlegroups.com
I noticed in commit 3bc67d239 the comment "8 is no more considered as
national dialling code. Originally added based on Wikipedia. It cannot
coexits when 810 is considered as international exit code and 10 as one
of mobile ranges."

However, wikipedia, fount of all knowledge and truth :-) says that the
international exit code is 00, which *is* compatible with 8 remaining as
the national dialling code and 10 being a mobile prefix. Are we sure
that this update is correct? Should the national prefix have been left
alone and the international prefix changed?

Also, note that the international prefix was (is?) 8~10, where the ~
means "wait for a second dial tone". That *is* compatible with 810 being
the national dialling code with 10 being a mobile prefix, although no
doubt it would be a source of countless errors!

--
David Cantrell

Aravind Penmetsa

Oct 28, 2021, 1:41:49 AM10/28/21
to libphonenum...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

We got confirmation from the official authority / Vendor stating Tajikistan does not use the trunk prefix 8.
Yes, 8~10 is international dialling code. We need to support 810 also as international prefix when parsing
the number. This is because we should be leniently accepting when a number does not have ~ or devices
do not support ~.

This is the solution we can come up with based on official evidence/details we received so far.
We can not rely on Wikipedia when there are overlaps.

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind