configure netopeer failed with error "checking for library containing ncntf_dispatch_receive...no"

licon...@huawei.com

May 27, 2015, 7:15:04 AM5/27/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I run configure for netopeer server but ended with error like this:

checking for library containing nc_callhome_listen... no
configure: WARNING: libnetconf is compiled without libssh2, disabling callhome.
checking for library containing ncntf_dispatch_receive... no
configure: error: libnetconf does not support notifications.

I have installed libssh2-1-dev and libdbus-1-dev.
And it is success to run configure/make/make install for libnetconf.
I have found the defination for "ncntf_dispatch_receive" in notifications.h located in /usr/local/include/libnetconf/.
I have tried to move all the header files in /usr/local/include/libnetconf/ to /usr/include/ and then configure netopeer server again. But got the same error again.

Does anyone know why and how to resolve it?

Thanks.
Jane

Michal Vasko

May 28, 2015, 2:52:22 AM5/28/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane,

I believe this may be a problem of our libnetconf versions. As it is now, the 0.9.x branch is actually 0.9.2 and the master is 0.9.0. Therefore, if you install the master branch on top of the old branch, the old one is detected and used. This will be fixed soon (probably by the end of the week), but for now I suggest you completely uninstall libnetconf, all the versions and then install the master branch. It should work then.

Regards,
Michal

licon...@huawei.com

Jun 3, 2015, 11:17:52 PM6/3/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   Thank you very much.

    I installed all the essential softwares from beginning and now it works.
    But also encountered with error like that "could not find libssh library..." when run configure for netopeer. I just deleted the error branch for this error in the configure file.And then modify the Makefile manually to include the libssh library then everything went ok.

    Thanks for your reply again.
     Jane.

Michal Vasko

Jun 4, 2015, 4:11:40 AM6/4/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jane,

that is not really a standard way of installing netopeer, configure checks do have their purpose. My guess is that you have libssh, but an older version than the configure required. With your workaround you can compile and run netopeer, but there is a critical bug related to using standard sockets with SSH sessions when the communication can hang anytime. So either update your libssh to version 0.6.4 or 0.6.5 (0.7.0 includes some other bugs) or be prepared that the aforementioned bug can occur.

Regards,
Michal