RFC 6242 (NETCONF over SSH) compliance

David Charlap

Mar 30, 2015, 1:02:20 PM3/30/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
I have gone through RFC 6242 (NETCONF over SSH).  I have prepared the following summary of libnetconf's compliance.  I believe it is correct.  Could you please post any corrections if something is not correct.

(I will be posting additional messages later today for RFCs 5277, 5717, 6020, 6991, 6243 and 6470.)

Thanks in advance,

-- David

  1. Introduction - non-normative.  No conformance issues
  2. Requirements Terminology - non-normative.  No conformance issues
  3. Starting NETCONF over SSH - Compliant.  But note that full compliance will depend on the implementation of the server that uses libnetconf and the local configuration of the SSH daemon
    1. Capabilities Exchange - Compliant
  4. Using NETCONF over SSH - Compliant
    1. Framing Protocol - Compliant
    2. Chunked Framing Mechanism - Compliant
    3. End-of-Message Framing Mechanism - Compliant
  5. Exiting the NETCONF Subsystem - Compliant.  But note that full compliance depends on the server's implementation of the <close-session> and <kill-session> commands, which are not implemented by libnetconf itself.
  6. Security Considerations - Compliant
  7. IANA Considerations - non-normative.  No conformance issues
  8. Acknowledgements - non-normative.  No conformance issues
  9. References - non-normative.  No conformance issues
    1. Normative References - non-normative.  No conformance issues
    2. Informative References - non-normative.  No conformance issues
  • Appendix A.  Changes from RFC 4742 - non-normative.  No conformance issues