RFC 6243 (With-defaults Capability) compliance

David Charlap

Mar 30, 2015, 1:59:15 PM3/30/15
to libne...@googlegroups.com
I have gone through RFC 6243 (With-defaults Capability).  I have prepared the following summary of libnetconf's compliance, but it is not complete.  Please look for the sections in boldface and fill in the information that I was not able to determine on my own.  Also, if you notice any mistakes, please correct them.  Feel free to retain this table for your own information - you may find it useful if/when others ask similar questions in the future.

Based on earlier discussions, it is my understanding that RFC 6243 is supported, but I don't know the extent of this support.  Is every aspect of the RFC supported?  See below for what I believe to be correct and what I don't yet know.

(I will be posting additional messages later today for RFCs 6020 and 6470.)

Thanks in advance,

-- David

  1. Introduction - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    1. Terminology - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    2. Default-Handling Behavior
      • Data retrieval
      • Create and delete operations
    3. Client Controlled Retrieval of Default Data
  2. Default-Handling Basic Modes - see below
    1. 'report-all' Basic Mode - Is this fully supported?  The capabilities report implies that is is, but does that cover every aspect of the feature?
      1. 'report-all' Basic Mode Retrieval - Compliant
      2. 'report-all' <with-defaults> Retrieval - Is this fully supported?
      3. 'report-all' <edit-config> and <copy-config> Behavior - Is this fully supported?
    2. 'trim' Basic Mode - Is this fully supported?  The capabilities report implies that is is, but does that cover every aspect of the feature?
      1. 'trim' Basic Mode Retrieval - Compliant
      2. 'trim' <with-defaults> Retrieval - Is this fully supported?
      3. 'trim' <edit-config> and <copy-config> Behavior - Is this fully supported?
    3. 'explicit' Basic Mode - Is this fully supported?  The capabilities report implies that is is, but does that cover every aspect of the feature?
      1. 'explicit' Basic Mode Retrieval - Compliant
      2. 'explicit' <with-defaults> Retrieval - Is this fully supported?
      3. 'explicit' <edit-config> and <copy-config> Behavior - Is this fully supported?
  3. Retrieval of Default Data - Compliant
    1. 'report-all' Retrieval Mode - Compliant
    2. 'trim' Retrieval Mode - Compliant
    3. 'explicit' Retrieval Mode - Compliant
    4. 'report-all-tagged' Retrieval Mode - Compliant
  4. With-defaults Capability - Compliant
    1. Overview - Compliant
    2. Dependencies - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    3. Capability Identifier - Compliant
    4. new Operations - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    5. Modifications to Existing Operations - Are these this fully supported?
      1. <get>, <get-config> and <copy-config> Operations - Is this fully supported?
      2. <edit-config> Operation - Is this fully supported?
      3. Other Operations - Is this fully supported?
      4. Interactions with Other Capabilities - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
  5. YANG Module for the <with-defaults> Parameter - Is this fully supported?
  6. XSD for the 'default' Attribute - Is this fully supported?
  7. IANA Considerations - Compliant
  8. Security Considerations - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
  9. Acknowledgements - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
  10. Normative References - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
  • Appendix A. Usage Examples - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    1. Example YANG Module - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    2. Example Data Set - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
    3. Protocol Operation Example
      1. <with-defaults> = 'report-all' - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
      2. <with-defaults> = 'report-all-tagged' - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
      3. <with-defaults> = 'trim' - non-normative.  No compliance issues.
      4. <with-defaults> = 'explicit' - non-normative.  No compliance issues.

Radek Krejčí

Mar 31, 2015, 10:09:03 AM3/31/15
to David Charlap, libne...@googlegroups.com
yes, it should be supported, see the libnetconf docs.

Radek