Making read requests too fast

Leo123

Mar 9, 2021, 8:20:59 AM3/9/21
to libmodbus
Hi,
Setup (Baud rate 19.2k, Stop bit 2, 8-bit messages, no parity, RTU mode)

I am currently using the latest Libmodbus library. I experienced issues when I carry out multiple read requests at the same time. I.e.
pseudo-code:
while(true) {
if (condition true) break;
read 16 bit register;
read 16 bit register;
}

When I tested the program with a Modbus simulator everything seems to work fine, all read request returned the correct value. Therefore, I assumed that the library will handle the silence period automatically. However, when I tested the program with a physical Modbus device, I get errors when reading the register too fast.

Therefore, my question is, do I need to handle the silence period myself? And if not, then what am I doing wrong when carrying out requests as shown in the pseudo-code above?

Thank you in advance :)