Modbus socket not released after communication issue

Jyothi K

Dec 2, 2021, 12:41:16 AM12/2/21
to libmodbus
Hello Team,

I am using libmodbus library for implementing a server . Here I have an issue wherein  server does not release the used modbus sockets when communication crashes or a cable is disconnected. This situation could be very blocking because we have limited the number of client connections to 10 which means after 10 failures the server refuses other Modbus connections.

The only remedy is to restart the server which seems to be not a good idea. There are system wide settings for TCP keep alive in my system  .

So my question is will libmodbus use this keep alive settings of the system in this scenario, if not how do we enforce libmodbus to use this setting inorder to overcome this error.

Kindly provide your suggestions on this issue.

Thanks,

Jyothi