Register initialization when different start address are provided

Ramakrishna Mandalapu

Dec 22, 2021, 11:53:08 AM12/22/21
to libmodbus
Hi Team,

I am using
modbus_mapping_t *mb_memory_section;
mb_memory_section = modbus_mapping_new_start_address(start_bits, nb_bits, start_input_bits, nb_input_bits, start_registers, nb_registers, start_input_registers, nb_input_registers);

to create a memory with different start addresses.
I tried to initialize this memory like below
mb_memory_section ->tab_registers[ start_registers ] = 555;

Failed case:
I tried to get the value using the client at  start_registers  address but it is zero

Worked case:
mb_memory_section ->tab_registers[0] = 555;

I tried to get the value using the client at this start_registers address but it is zero

Is this the expected behavior?

Please help me out to understand the initialization clearly.

Thanks,
Ramakrishna