libjpeg-turbo 2.0.2 has been released

DRC

Feb 14, 2019, 2:26:48 AM2/14/19
to libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-tur...@googlegroups.com
Binaries and source tarball are here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libjpeg-turbo/files/2.0.2

Change log is here:
https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo/releases/tag/2.0.2

Also, in case you didn't hear, we're now an official ISO/ITU-T reference
implementation:
https://jpeg.org/items/20190204_press.html

Pursuant to the call for financial help that I put out on 1/1
(https://libjpeg-turbo.org/About/Help), Cendio AB (http://cendio.com)
has generously provided a 100-hour/year general fund for libjpeg-turbo.
This is being used to integrate/implement bug fixes and small feature
requests, and without it this release would not have been possible.
However, I've already used up the general fund though March, and that's
just doing bug fixes. This project really needs either another
100-hour/year general fund, which I could use to start making a dent in
the feature requests, or some specific funding for those feature
requests (complete list is here:
https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo/labels/funding%20needed.)
Otherwise, the larger feature requests probably will never happen, and
it will probably be some months before I can start
integrating/implementing the smaller ones. Please e-mail me off-list if
you are interested in becoming a general sponsor or in funding the
development of one or more features for libjpeg-turbo 2.1. This project
is also in need of a good quad-core PC that supports AVX512
instructions. Any contribution to libjpeg-turbo in any form (equipment
donations, funded development, general sponsorship, etc.) worth $1000 or
more in a given year qualifies your organization to have its logo
permanently displayed on our Sponsors page:
https://libjpeg-turbo.org/About/Sponsors. Additional perks are
available if your organization funds 100 hours or more of my labor in a
given year (contact me for details.)

DRC