- The continuous integration builds now test strict GCC and Visual
Studio compiler warnings.
- Removed all remaining support for non-ANSI C compilers.
- Fixed UBSan warnings (all innocuous) in the AArch64 Neon SIMD Huffman
- Minor (probably not noticeable) AArch64 Neon SIMD performance
improvements with recent Clang releases
- Fixed an oversight in the arithmetic decoder that caused it to
silently allow the last coefficient index to be > 63 in sequential JPEG
headers rather than triggering a libjpeg API warning. (This was a
non-issue, since that index is never used when decompressing sequential
- Fixed warnings reported by the PVS-Studio static analyzer.
- The build system now disallows NEON_INTRINSICS=0 if GAS is broken
(i.e. if gas-preprocessor.pl would be required.)
- Made the text of incompatible feature errors in the libjpeg API more