WARNING: YOUR AUTOTOOLS BUILDS ARE ABOUT TO BREAK

DRC

Feb 27, 2018, 6:57:51 PM2/27/18
to libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-tur...@googlegroups.com, libjpeg-t...@googlegroups.com
GENERAL NOTICE:

In the coming weeks, I will be finalizing libjpeg-turbo 1.6 beta1
(thanks to Mozilla for funding the labor necessary to produce this
release) and merging the dev branch into master. libjpeg-turbo 1.6.x
uses CMake and only CMake (refer to
https://github.com/libjpeg-turbo/libjpeg-turbo/issues/56 for
discussion.) The new build system has been available for testing in the
dev branch for well over a year. I have created a new branch called
"1.5.x" that will remain synchronized with master up until the point
that master becomes 1.6 beta1, so if you need to retain the ability to
build with autotools, or if you want to continue using the stable
(non-beta) code, please switch from the master branch to the 1.5.x
branch now. 1.5.x will continue to receive critical bug fixes until the
next major release of libjpeg-turbo is ready (it's unclear when or if
that will happen, given that there are few major features on the
libjpeg-turbo road map at the moment.)

DRC