libharu for embedded microprocessors

Ionut Caba

Oct 20, 2016, 3:30:01 AM10/20/16
to libHaru
Hello,

Congratulations for this library, it's very useful but I have a question for you,
Do you have a library like this adapted for microcontrollers like PIC24(Microchip), RL78 (Renesas) or other controllers?
I'm waiting for your answer!
Best regards,
 Ionut Caba

Bill Horger

Oct 20, 2016, 9:59:20 AM10/20/16
to LibHaru Group
If you have access to a "C" compiler for your target machine, then with little effort, you can compile the source and create the library. Don't forget that there are a couple of other libraries that need to be included as well (depending on the options you wish to use, like compression of the final PDF file).

It's easy enough to do!

Good luck!

---

Lammert Bies

Oct 20, 2016, 11:18:46 AM10/20/16
to libHaru
Forget it.

There is no way this library and the generated PDF files will fit in the few kilobytes which are available on 8 and 16 bit micro controllers.

Ionut Caba

Oct 21, 2016, 1:33:52 AM10/21/16
to libHaru
Hello,

I managed to compile a piece of library which contains just strictly necessary like one font, 3 types for encoding, part of memory management and error (i isolated font_demo.pdf in other words), it builded successful, but I have problems with RAM memory cause isn't enough when I made debugging on this ,cracked it. I hoped that somebody have a library some this one which was made for embedded controllers with minimal resources.
Anyway, thanks a lot for yours answers !
Best regards!