RE: {LibGaming} Seeking managers for Libgaming

Laini Bostian

Oct 10, 2015, 1:45:55 PM10/10/15
to Library Gaming
Congratulations on your new position, Scott.  If I am just fielding a few e-mails a year and reading the e-mails I could help out.

Laini

Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 22:51:18 -0500
Subject: Re: {LibGaming} Seeking managers for Libgaming
From: victor...@gmail.com
To: libg...@googlegroups.com

Hello.
Will be great to be a manager.
Please contact me.
librarygamermail @gmail.con
My name is Victor
Regards

El sep 27, 2015 5:56 AM, "Scott Nicholson" <scottni...@gmail.com> escribió:
Greetings!

As some of you know, I've recently left Syracuse University's Information school and moved to Canada!

I'm now the head of the Game Design and Development program at Wilfrid Laurier University in Brantford, Ontario.

I've been doing a lot of research on Escape Rooms, and am currently working on a guide for libraries and museums that want to use them.   You can see my research so far on that over at Http://bgnlab.ca.

As I'm no longer at a library school, my focus is changing.

So, I would like to find some people to be managers of this group.

Here's what you do:

 - When a new member applies, you get an e-mail asking to approve or deny the new member.   It asks one question - what is your connection to a library.  If they state something valid there, I approve them.  If they don't, I deny them.  You get fewer than 5 of these a month.

 - If someone sneaks through and gets all spammy, then you can delete their posts and ban them from the group.  I think I've had to do that once or twice in 7 years.

Now, if you wanted to do more, you could - if you wanted to promote discussion, promote the list, etc., then go for it!    But at the minimum, it's the above two tasks.  Multiple people can also have this role.

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail with the e-mail address that you use for this group, and I'll give you the ULTIMATE POWER of manager for this group.

Scott Nicholson